Previously the Worcester Green Jobs Coalition, Worcester Roots is a founding member of the Worcester SAGE Alliance (Solidarity And Green Economy).
The alliance’s aim is to imagine and create a socially just and sustainable, cooperative economy in Worcester. We provide a forum for consensus-based discussion, resource sharing, and organizing, around ethical economic initiatives and relationships.
The Alliance organizes an annual conference, more info HERE.
Goals of the Worcester Green Jobs Coalition:
- Connect youth and people who need jobs with those who can offer them.
- Promote jobs that stimulate us, our community, and our economy.
- Engage with businesses and city departments, city works.
- Connect ideas and passion with green ($ and others) resources.
- Build a stronger healthier community.
- Do education, outreach and engagement with grassroots.
- Facilitating green business creation and development.
- Don’t discriminate on race, age, CORI, gender, ability, class, neighborhood preference, sexuality.
Participating Groups and Organizations:
- Worcester Roots, Youth In Charge and Toxic Soil Busters
- Regional Environmental Council and their YouthGROW program
- Ex-prisoners and Prisoners Organizing for Community Advancement (EPOCA)
- EMPOWER Energy Co-op
- Pernet Family Health
- Clark Sustainability Initiative
- Stone Soup
- Clean Water Action
- Summer of Solutions
- Worcester Energy Barnraisers
- Worcester Community Housing Resources
- Worcester Youth Center
- City of Worcester, Executive Office of Economic, Neighborhood & Workforce Development
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- Mosaic Cultural Complex
- Worcester State College Department of Geography and Earth Science
- Worcester Community Action Council
- Urban Farmers Agricultural Academy
- Workforce Central
- Bonds Development
- Lutheran Refugee and Immigrant Services
- Worcester Housing Energy and Community
- Worcester Anti-Foreclosure Team
- Neighborworks Homeownership Center